Connecting With One Another
At Northcliff Union Church, we do not just see “church” as a Sunday thing only. We want to create an environment where our regulars and visitors can connect with others at various levels, on an informal basis, as we celebrate life together. Some of the events we enjoy together include:
- Picnic in the Park on our own lawns under gazebos, with something for everyone, including clowns on stilts, face-painting and awesome foods.
- Love Feast in Middle eastern style eating at low tables under “stars”. Very intimate for couples or singles.
- Missions lunch featuring a meal theme from a particular region. Our last African Pot lunch had unique traditional recipes for those ready to experiment, with safer options for others.
- Carols Picnic evening is a major hit, with build-your-own-burgers, and stalls for chip twisters and doughnuts. This is followed with Carols-by-Glowstick where our auditorium is transformed into a night sky of twinkling lights for the whole family!
In addition to the communal events, we create a space for people to meet in social groups, including:
- Men’s groups which may get together for sporting events, braai-master catering, or Fatherhood and other discipleship courses.
- Women’s groups which include crafts, tea-with-a speaker, and even cross generational Gingerbread House decorating.
- Seniors’ group activities with guest speakers or entertainers, and trips to the shopping mall in the Northcliff Union van.